Campaign of the Month: November 2012
THE EMERALD CITY
BIG BAD WOLVES
COWARDLY BUT CUNNING
Big Bag Wolves are known for their metaphysical Glass Jaws, but they make up for their vulnerability with intellect. They only fight battles they know they can win. They always strike from surprise if they can. Rather than stand up fights they use traps, modern weapons and coordinated attack patterns.
WOLF IN SHEEP’S CLOTHING
Big Bad Wolves make Skinsuits out of their chosen prey’s skin and clay(as a glue) to blend in. They have to consume chalk to drop their voices to a human octave. They often disguise the chalk as cigarettes to blend in.
METAPHYSICAL GLASS JAW
When they come in contact with Cold Iron, Big Bad Wolves EXPLODE.
They’re Wolves, they hunt in packs with coordinated attack patterns.
Bows(Guns): Great (3)
Fists: Good (0)
Intimidation: Fair (4)
Survival: Great (3)
Hunter(Survival): Use Survival instead of Investigation when tracking prey.
- FANGS Weapon 2 Damage (W4 with Inhuman Strength)
ECHOES OF THE BEAST [-1]
• BEAST SENSES (Acute sense of smell and hearing)
• BEAST TRAPPINGS (Can track by scent)
• BEAST FRIEND (good relations with wolves and other canines)
INHUMAN STRENGTH [-2]
• IMPROVED LIFTING. Whenever lifting or breaking inanimate things, you gain a +3 to your Might score.
• BRUISING STRENGTH. Roll Might at +1 whenever grappling. This also allows a 2-stress hit on an opponent as a supplemental action during a grapple.
• SUPERIOR STRENGTH. Whenever using Might to modify (page 214) another skill, it always provides a +1 regardless of the comparison of your Might score to the skill.
• HAMMER BLOWS. With attacks that depend on muscular force increase the stress dealt by two on a successful hit.
INHUMAN SPEED [-2]
• IMPROVED INITIATIVE. Alertness +4
• ATHLETIC ABILITY. All Athletic checks +1 (including Dodging). Sprinting is +2
• CASUAL MOVEMENT. Whenever moving is part of another physical activity, you may move 1 zone without taking a -1 penalty for supplimental action
• ALMOST TOO FAST TO SEE. Difficulty factors due to moving are reduced by 2 when rolling Stealth
INHUMAN RECOVERY [-2]
CATCH: Cold Iron
• TOTAL RECOVERY. Able to recover from any physical harm as long as you have time to do so.
• FAST RECOVERY. Out of combat BBW recover from physical consequences as if they were one level lower in severity. Consequeneces reduced below mild are removed.
• VIGOUROUS. Endurance never restricts other skills due to lack of rest.
• SHRUG IT OFF. In combat once per scene you may clear away a mild consequence as a supplemental action.
SUPERHUMAN TOUGHNESS [-4] (On when the Skin suit is on)
CATCH (+3): Rock/Stone
• HARDER TO HURT. Armor 2 Physical
• HARDER TO KILL. 4 additional Physical Stress Boxes
PACK INSTINCTS [-1]
• PACK COMMUNION. When near another member of your pack, gain +1 to your Alertness. When in the same zone as others of your pack, you may communicate with one another wordlessly. Only single words and simple concepts may be communicated: attack, protect, follow, distract. By focusing your senses, you may make an Investigation roll to pick out the approximate location of others of your pack. When ambushed, if any one of your pack spots the ambush (by succeeding at an Alertness roll), all packmates are considered to have won the Alertness roll as well.
FLESH MASK [-1]
The flesh mask is a pliable outer
shell of false flesh, made of ectoplasm. The
true creature beneath can tear through this
mask with ease, discarding it to take its true
form. Similarly, the flesh mask may be ripped
away from the creature by particularly vicious
attacks—any physical attack that inflicts
a consequence of any size is sure to pierce
the mask, at least a little. It takes only a few
minutes for a flesh mask to be restored after it
has been removed, whatever the means.
• IDEALIZED APPEARANCE. The flesh mask has a
single appearance—usually a stunningly
attractive version of the human you were
before you became a vampire. Any social
action where appearance is a primary factor
gains a +2 on the roll, so long as the target
of your action is not aware of the horror that
lies beneath the outer veneer.
• WHAT LIES BENEATH. You may move around
within your flesh mask, so long as the motions
are small and subtle—such as pulling your
real arm out of the mask-arm and pointing a
small gun at your opponent. Keeping such an
action concealed is done with a simple Deceit
or Stealth roll.
BIGGER BADDER WOLVES
Add: BREATH WEAPON [-2]: Air Blast for Huffing and Puffing, replace Supernatural Toughness with MYTHIC TOUGHNESS
GUBBIOSON aka BIG G: Add: ???
PHYSICAL: 00(0000) Armor 2 ;Bigger Badder Wolves 000(000000) Armor 3
Big Bad Wolves are a Wyldfae wolf-like creature that can wear a suit of human flesh and clay to conceal their animal nature. They are highly intelligent and very difficult to defeat because their false skin provides them with a great deal of protection from any physical harm. However once out of their suits they are know to have metaphysical glass jaws.
Legend tells that Big Bad Wolves are children of “The Wolf” a creature of fairy lore referred to in more Grimm Fairy Tales than any other creature. The Wolf used to be the right hand of the Erlking. That is until one day when a Spiritual Entity known to Native Americans as The Fox came into the picture. The Fox tricked The Wolf thrice and thrice The Wolf and his progeny were punished by the Queens of Fairie. Their teeth were dulled, their “wings” clipped, their Glamours taken away.
They learned to consume the blood of the magically talented to gain the power to create Skin suits to compensate. They disguise themselves in the skin of their popular prey. Chances are you can tell who they are going after by whose skin they are wearing.
BBWs reproduce like other Fairies do through personal sex, but if they have sex with a virgin the mother will give birth to an entire litter that bursts out from the womb.
Besides The Wolf himself, the Wolf of Gubbio is perhaps the most famous of there kind. His son, known on the streets a “Big G” was Mr. Nobody’s top Lieutenant.