Campaign of the Month: November 2012
THE EMERALD CITY
HIGH CONCEPT: Tenacious Golem Lawyer
- Invoke: Practice Law, be a brick, keep going
- Compel: Not walk away, inhuman, knows when other people have law on their side
TROUBLE: A thousand Words in My Head to Guide and Bind
- Invoke: Try to act moral, like a ‘good person’.
- Compel: Protect people, act for the good of society, act according to Jewish/Old Testament guidelines.
Guardian of the Righteous
- Invoke: Fight/defend when others are on the line. work with other Holy folk.
- Compel: Must fight to defend others in need
One with the law
- Invoke: Do lawyer stuff, be technically legal. Work with authorities
- Compel: don’t break laws
- Invoke: Actual physical clay: Strong and tough. Blend in the background and look ordinary
- Compel: Not good at being the center of attention. Not faking being rich/fancy/connected
A Six Thousand Year Tradition of Scholarship and Theology
- Invoke: History, religious scholarship, related thoughts…
- Compel: Not knowing modern, or isolated parts of the world
An Eye for an Eye, a Fist for a Fist
- Invoke: The very literal justice of itemized retribution. Punching people who punched you. Tricking people who tricked you.
- Compel: The very literal justice of itemized retribution. Being punched by people who you punched first, etc..
GREAT +4: Fists, Scholarship
GOOD +3: Conviction, Endurance, Empathy
FAIR +2: Alertness, Athletics, Discipline, Might, Rapport
AVERAGE +1: Contacts, Investigation, Lore, Presence, Resources
Lawyer (Off Scholarship, as per Doctor) Credentialed lawyer, +1 to Scholarship on legal roles, Specialty (paperwork) for an extra +1
Human Guise -0
- Looks Human when not using powers
Inhuman Strength -2
- Might +3 to lift/break inanimate
- Might +1 to grapple, Supplemental 2 stress hits during grapple
- Might always provides +1 when modifying other skill
- Muscle Driven attacks are +2 Stress damage
Supernatural Toughness -4
- Armor 2 vs physical attacks
- Extra Physical Stress: 4 Boxes
Inhuman Recovery -2
- Can alway recover physical consequence without excuse
- Can Recover consequences as one step more mild
- Endurance never restricts due to lack of sleep
- In combat 1/scene, may use a supplemental to clear a minor physical consequence
The Catch (Fire, Pressurized Water, Kabalah) +3
- Toughness and Recovery do not apply.
- Access is by anyone +2
- Information is by research +1
- No healing except via powers
- Can not die without annihilation or special means
- Creepy: +1 intimidate/-1 rapport and -1 Empathy per level of physical consequence plus when alien nature obvious
*No Metabolism: No eating, sleeping, breathing, aging. Immune to poison and disease
Guide My Hand -1
- With prayers and pure purpose, may spend fate to use conviction for any other skill. No attacks or maneuvers
- Appear at right place/time without spending fate point, or have allies appear instead.
REFRESH SPENT: 8
CURRENT REFRESH: 1
Physical: OOOO [OOOO]
Created in the aftermath of WWII in the Ghettos of NYC, David was used by the elderly Rabbi who created him to defend the Jewish community, but the fight expanded to a larger scale as they teamed up with an assortment of minor talents and good hearted humans, to fight the minor monsters that plagued the tenements of New York. David was very much the literal heavy of the team, both as the muscle, and as the direct thinking literal minded person.
What Shaped you: One With the Law
After the death of his creator as part of a slum lord’s plot, and the ruinations of his succession plans due to the premature death of the person that David was to be handed over to, and the destruction of the contingencies with the fire of the building. David struggled with his independence, and after a period of confusion and despondency, started fighting again as an independent in hiding. A generation later, he reconnected with the Jewish community more directly via allies he had encountered, and in his growing wisdom learned that fists did not solve all problems. Established in a first human identity for the first time, he studied to learn to use the laws of man against those who would misuse them, something he found suited his inner nature, while still walking the streets, unsleeping at night.
STORY TITLE: Ancient Clay
GUEST STARRING: JACK YOUNGBLOOD
Rabbi Shulman was not suspicious when Radcliffe financial foreclosed on his house while his son was sick, but talking to other parents found similar problems, so he went to the lawyer who lived in his basement for help.
Newly relocated to Seattle as part of assuming a new legal identity, David traced the financial web, leading to a strange link with a Ancient Mesopotamian artifact dug up by a Radcliffe sponsored dig on display at the local community center, and an ancient disease spirit haunting its halls. Only a man of clay could survive its toxic touch to save the children. Once they were safe the young Warden, Jack Youngblood, aided the Golem in binding the spirit back into the artifact preventing the Hunger from spreading.
STORY TITLE: BLOOD OF THE FALLEN
STARRING: JACK YOUNGBLOOD
Despite his failing magic Jack Youngblood’s duties as a Warden are clear. He must stop the Fomor invasion before they gain a foothold in nearby Portland. However, when Jack discovers that Azael, the demon who knows the location of his missing child, is also in the Rose City and wants to possess his newly discovered half brother, Charles Kress, he is forced to make a terrible choice. Take up the fight and defend the city or save his half brother from damnation and confront Azael about the location of his lost child. Can Jack save Charles from the demon? More importantly can Charles save Jack from himself?
When book shopping in Portland, David Clay stumbles across a fancy briefcase abandoned on the street. Seeking to return it to its owner, he runs right into the battle between Jack and Azael. Recognizing both a Wizard and a Denarian, David leaps to aid the wizard, and his clay nature is revealed as he is hurt by the Denarian’s dire blows.
GUEST STAR REDUX
STORY TITLE: AN UNGODLY AFFAIR
STARRING: CHARLES SAMUEL KRESS
When FELIX KLEIN was possessed by a Demon, David provided the critical information about his recent activities that let Charles trace the possession to the artifact.