Campaign of the Month: November 2012
THE EMERALD CITY
MASSIVE DEMON TREE
NONE MAY PASS WITHOUT THE PASSWORD
ROOTS ARE EVERYWHERE
HUNGRY FOR MEAT
- Physical +5
- Mental +3
- Social +0
SUPERNATURAL STRENGTH [–4]
Description: You have supernatural strength—you’re able to lift and break things you shouldn’t be able to, and people who get in your way tend to be very, very sorry.
Musts: Supernatural Strength replaces Inhuman Strength if taken.
Skills Affected: Might, other physical skills.
- Superior Lifting. Whenever lifting or breaking inanimate things, you gain a +6 to your Might score.
- Bludgeoning Strength. Roll Might at +2 whenever using that skill in conjunction with grappling (see page 211). This also allows you to inflict a 3-stress hit on an opponent as a supplemental action during a grapple.
- Superlative Strength. Whenever using your Might to modify (page 214) another skill, it always provides a +2 regardless of the actual comparison of your Might score to the skill in question.
- Lethal Blows. With attacks that depend on muscular force (Fists, thrown Weapons, etc.), you are at +4 to damage, increasing the stress dealt by four on a successful hit. Be careful; it’s casually easy to kill someone with a simple punch at this level.
MYTHIC TOUGHNESS [-6]
Description: Issues of the flesh rarely trouble you. Your body has, to a great extent, transcended the petty concerns of mortality.
Musts: This ability replaces Inhuman or Supernatural Toughness. You must attach this power to a Catch (see page 185).
Skills Affected: Endurance, other physical skills.
THE CATCH IS HOLY STUFF AND COLD [+3]
- Nearly Impossible to Hurt. You naturally have Armor:3 against all physical stress.
- Nearly Impossible to Kill. You have six additional boxes of physical stress capacity (page 201).
TITANIC SIZE [-4]
Description: You are very very very large. You are at least the size of a house, and at the very largest you stand as tall as a skyscraper.
Musts: You must have an aspect related to your size. Almost all characters with this power also have high levels of Strength and Toughness, but it’s not actually required. Same goes for Long Reach.
Note: This ability is always in effect unless you can shapeshift.
Skills Affected: Fists, Weapons, Stealth, others
- Very Easy To Hit, Very Hard To Hurt. You’re a pretty big target, giving any attacker +2 to hit you when target size is a factor. But that increase in body mass means that you can soak up more punishment, adding four boxes to the length of your physical stress track.
- Everything Is Tiny. You cannot interact meaningfully with any object of any reasonable size. You also cannot enter buildings or other enclosed spaces, with few exceptions. The GM is free to impose arbitrarily large zone borders on you if you try to pass through openings of limited size. However, you get +4 to all attempts to lift or break stuff on top of the bonus from Strength powers. Also, you get +3 to your Athletics when trying to cover distance with your enormous stride.
- Big Is Frightening. You get +4 on any Intimidation attempt against a target likely to consider your size an advantage.
- Very Easy To Detect. Your Stealth is automatically considered to be Terrible -1 (-3) and you can never gain any shifts on a Stealth roll.
LONG REACH [-1]
Description: You have very long arms or some other advantage that lets you punch someone from the other side of a room.
Skills Affected: Might, Fists, Weapons, other skills
Long Reach. You have a basic range of one zone. Among other benefits, this extends the distance at which you may make unarmed and melee weapon attacks, maneuvers, blocks, and grapples.
Extended Reach [-1]. You have a basic range of three zones. Among other benefits, this extends the distance at which you may make unarmed and melee weapon attacks, maneuvers, blocks, and grapples.
EXTRA APPENDAGES [-2]
Description: You have some extra arms (or other limbs) which make you pretty darn good at multitasking in combat.
Skills Affected: Fists, Weapons, Guns
- Multiple Targets. You may make spray attacks with anything, within reason.
- Mix And Match. You may use multiple different weapons in a single spray attack. Use the lowest applicable skill. You may also make attack-like (offensive, not navel gazing) maneuvers as part of a spray attack.
- Superb Coordination [-1]. For each purchase of this trapping, add 2 to the total pool of shifts that you may divide among attacks and maneuvers when making a spray attack. You may not apply more shifts to any one attack or maneuver than you had to split up before the bonus from this trapping. This trapping may be purchased up to twice and is mutually exclusive with Excellent Coordination.
TOTAL REFRESH COST: 15
CURRENT REFRESH: 2
PHYSICAL (3): OOOOOOO (OOOOOO)
SOCIAL (4): OOOO
MENTAL (4): OOOO
MILD (Physical Consequence):