Campaign of the Month: November 2012
THE EMERALD CITY
ODIANNA OF WINTER
HIGH CONCEPT: EXILED HANDMAIDEN OF WINTER
TROUBLE: WILD AT HEART
ICEWATER IN HER VEINS
RUNS THE MASQUERADE
A SAVAGE WARRIOR FROM A MORE PRIMITIVE AGE
KNOWN SKILLS (+40)
SUPERB +5: Discipline
GREAT +4: Conviction, Deceit, Presence
GOOD +3: Empathy, Intimidation, Lore, Rapport
FAIR +2: Athletics, Endurance, Investigation, Weapons
AVERAGE +1: Alertness, Contacts, Resources, Scholarship
KNOWN STUNTS -1
- SEX APPEAL
Gain a +2 to Rapport when Seducing those attracted to women.
KNOWN POWERS (-32)
GREATER GLAMOURS [-4]
• SKILLS: Discipline, Deceit
• VEILS: Minor invisibility or cloaking (small group of people, etc…) at +2
• SEEMINGS: Make something appear as someone or something else at +2
• TRUE SEEMINGS: Create object out of Ectoplasm.
UNSEELIE MAGIC [–2] (page 167)
- WINTER SPELLCASTING. Wildness, decay, slumber, death, and cold. Effective against the Seelie.
EVOCATION [–3] (page 249)
- YOU KNOW WHAT YOU KNOW.
Water, Air and Spirit Magic.
Control Bonus with Water Magic. +1 Discipline with Water Spells.
THAUMATURGY [–3] (page 275)
Summoning Complexity Bonus.
THE SIGHT [–1] (page 223)
- ARCANE SENSES.
May use Lore as if it were an arcane Investigation skill as well as an arcane Alertness skill. Gain +1 to Lore when using it in this fashion.
- WIZARD’S TOUCH.
Touch another being who has some magic potential may roll Lore to catch just a hint of a “spark”—indicating their nature as something other than mundanely mortal. Even on a failed roll, might experience some sense that something is “off,” without being able to pin it down.
- OPENING THE THIRD EYE.
See Page 233.
• HOME TURF. automatically succeed at any declarations about the physical form of your demesne, and in combat can roll Discipline to place scene aspects in the demesne. Can even roll Discipline as a physical attack against intruders, using the nature of the Nevernever to harm opponents.
FAERIE TRUTH [-0]
Description: You are more believable, but you cannot lie.
Musts: You must be a fairy, changeling, or for some other reason be unable to lie but willing to deceive.
Skills Affected: Deceit, some others.
No Lying: Everything you say is considered to be on your power. If say any fact that is not true, or break any promise, you immediately gain an extreme consequence. However…
Aura of Honesty: You have a +1 to convincing anyone of the truth of your words, whether or not they’re familiar with fairy lore. This even works as a +1 to deceit in social situations to convince someone of the truth of what you meant but didn’t technically say. And of course a lore roll of 1 is enough to know that fairies always tell the truth even if they do so with weasel words.
An Oath given is an Oath kept: Instead of taking a mild consequence in social combat, you may take an aspect, representing an oath sworn to that person instead. You may never have more than one of these aspects at any given time, so you would have to fulfil your oath before making a new one. The aspect is permanent, until you have fulfilled your oath or reconciled in another way.
I’ll take your word for it: If an opponent is taken out in social conflict from your attack, you can place an aspect on him that represents an oath given to you. You may invoke it to enforce that oath or make the target reconcile in some other way. You may never have more than one person bound to you like that.
Description: You’re able to forge metaphysical links to things and people, increasing your magical influence.
- Link Forged: Whenever you make a pact with an entity, an entity eats food imbued with your power, or you have sexual intercourse with an entity, you place an aspect on that target that reflects the link you share. The pact link lasts until the entity has fulfilled its end of the bargain. The others last until the link is broken, however the GM feels that would be accomplished.
- Link Exploited: As long as you have a link to the target, you are considered to be a ritual link to him, and may target him with thaumaturgy without need for any additional links. This also satisfies any requirements that the target belong to you or make a pact with you before using glamours or other fairy powers on him. However, the link goes back to you as well, and the target may use ritual magic against you, or may be used as a ritual component to send ritual magic against you. This may be worth a fate point depending on how badly you had it coming.
SUPERNATURAL SPEED [-4]
• SUPREME INITIATIVE. Always first in initiative.
• SUPERIOR ATHLETIC ABILITY. +2 to Athletics; +4 to sprint
• EFFORTLESS MOVEMENT. Two zones free movement.
• FASTER THAN THE EYE. -4 penalty for moving Stealth.
SUPERNATURAL RECOVERY -4
CATCH: Iron and other Fae Weaknesses +3
• TOTAL RECOVERY. Able to recover from any physical harm with enough time.
• FAST RECOVERY. Recover from physical consequences as if they were two levels lower. Below mild are removed.
• VIGOROUS. Endurance never restricts skills due to lack of rest. Skip a week of sleep.
• SHRUG IT OFF. Twice per scene clear a Mild Consequence as supplemental action.
INHUMAN TOUGHNESS -2
CATCH As Above.
• HARD TO HURT. You naturally have Armor:1 against all physical stress.
• HARD TO KILL. You have two additional boxes of physical stress.
TOTAL REFRESH COST: 29
CURRENT REFRESH: 0
PHYSICAL (5): OOO (OO) Armor:1
SOCIAL (4): OOOO
MENTAL (4): OOOO
ODIANNA OF WINTER, Handmaiden of FERN FROST, was exiled from the Winter Court by Jack Frost himself. It seems she had allowed a mortal wizard, the then youthful ZEBADIAH EINAR, to get close to his daughter whom had fallen in love with him. Once exiled Odiana eventually ended up in Seattle where she opened up a private nightclub called the Masquerade. Although she is one of the lesser nobles of the Winter Court she is more than a handful for any who would face her. Her savagery hearkens back to a more primitive time of violence and her skills as a warrior, wizard and lover are legendary.