Campaign of the Month: November 2012
THE EMERALD CITY
HIGH CONCEPT: ASSASSIN FROM BEYOND THE OUTER GATES
TROUBLE: TRAPPED BY DAYLIGHT
- SHADOWY ASSASSIN
- ARE YOU AFRAID OF THE DARK?
- SUBJECT TO ORDERS
- SHADY DEALS AND SHADY FRIENDS
- INSUBSTANTIAL SHADOW
SUPERB +5: Fists
GREAT +4: Athletics, Discipline, Stealth
GOOD +3: Endurance, Presence, Alertness
FAIR +2: Conviction, Deceit, Empathy
AVERAGE +1: Resources, Might, Survival
SHADOW FORM (Spirit Form) -3
- INSUBSTANTIAL. able to pass through walls, reducing most borders (page 212) to zero. Thresholds (page 230), however, will act as physical barriers to you.
- VARIABLE VISAGE. As a shadow, your form may change somewhat in response to your mood or idea of self, causing you to appear more fearsome or beautiful, granting a +2 to appropriate social actions based on appearance (Intimidation for a fearsome appearance, Rapport or Deceit for a beautiful one). Usually this is as an exaggeration of your “normal” appearance in some way.
PHYSICAL IMMUNITY -8
- THE CATCH IS LIGHT or SOUND +3
- You simply can’t take physical damage from anything normal.
SHADOW MANIPULATION -1
- DESCRIPTION: You are able to use your shadow to physically manipulate objects, not only that but your shadow is malleable to your will. You can stretch it across great distances or coalesce it into a small area.
- OPTIONS: This ability costs 1 refresh to start and has several upgrades to it.
- SKILLS AFFECTED: Fists, Might
DEEPER SHADOWS -1
- Increase the weapon rating of attacks made with your shadows by +2.
- Can conjure or exude myrk, a tangible, foggy substance that absorbs light, casting the zone they occupy into total darkness (and placing a Lightless aspect on that zone). If skill rolls
to oppose the conjuration or manipulation of myrk become necessary, use the Discipline skill.
CLOAK OF SHADOWS-1
- See in the Dark. Perception skill rolls are not penalized by darkness.
- Melt into the Shadows. You’re more effective than most at hiding in a reasonably sized area of darkness or shadow. Under the cover of darkness, you get a +2 bonus to your Stealth rolls.
INHUMAN STRENGTH -2
- IMPROVED LIFTING. Whenever lifting or breaking inanimate things, you gain a +3 to your Might score.
- BRUISING STRENGTH. Roll Might at +1 whenever grappling. This also allows a 2-stress hit on an opponent as a supplemental action during a grapple.
- SUPERIOR STRENGTH. Whenever using Might to modify (page 214) another skill, it always provides a +1 regardless of the comparison of your Might score to the skill.
- HAMMER BLOWS. With attacks that depend on muscular force increase the stress dealt by two on a successful hit.
INHUMAN SPEED -2
- IMPROVED INITIATIVE. Your Alertness is at +4 for the purpose of initiative.
- ATHLETIC ABILITY. All Athletics checks are made at +1, including dodging. When sprinting (see page 212), this bonus is increased to +2.
- CASUAL MOVEMENT. May move one zone without taking the penalty for a supplemental action (page 213).
- ALMOST TOO FAST TO SEE. Difficulty factors due to moving are reduced
INHUMAN RECOVERY -2
CATCH: SPIRIT MAGIC +2
- TOTAL RECOVERY. Able to recover from any physical harm with enough time.
- FAST RECOVERY. Recover from physical consequences as if they were one level lower. Below mild are removed.
- VIGOROUS. Endurance never restricts skills due to lack of rest.
- SHRUG IT OFF. Once per scene clear a Mild Consequence as supplemental action.
INHUMAN TOUGHNESS -2
CATCH As Above.
- HARD TO HURT. You naturally have Armor:1 against all physical stress.
- HARD TO KILL. You have two additional boxes of physical stress.
TOTAL REFRESH COST: -21
NOTES: INITIATIVE AT FANTASTIC +6. DEFENDS AT SUPERB +5. ATTACKS AT SUPERB +5 AT WEAPON 4, AND FROM MORE THAN ONE ZONE AWAY.
PHYSICAL: OOOO [OO] Armor 1
Based on entry on DFRPG Boards.