Campaign of the Month: November 2012
THE EMERALD CITY
TROY WILKERSON, THE UN-MAN
• Sorcerer and Apprentice to Barry Goldman
• “I don’t have to answer to you.”
• Stereotypical Mallrat Goth Kid
• Total Sociopath
• The Power is Mine to Take
PHYSICAL +0 MENTAL +3 SOCIAL +2
AS THE UN-MAN
• Creature of Alien Purpose and Devotion
• Appears to be a Psychotic Vagrant
• Ferocious Hunger for Magic
PHYSICAL 2 for Fear)
PHYSICAL 000 (0000)
• Armor 2
• Weapon 4 punch
• +2 to cause fear
• x2 per scene clear away mild consequence as supplemental action
INHUMAN STRENGTH -2
• IMPROVED LIFTING. Whenever lifting or breaking inanimate things, you gain a +3 to your Might score.
• BRUISING STRENGTH. Roll Might at +1 whenever grappling. This also allows a 2-stress hit on an opponent as a supplemental action during a grapple.
• SUPERIOR STRENGTH. Whenever using Might to modify (page 214) another skill, it always provides a +1 regardless of the comparison of your Might score to the skill.
• HAMMER BLOWS. With attacks that depend on muscular force increase the stress dealt by two on a successful hit.
INHUMAN RECOVERY -2
CATCH: Spirit Magic dedicated to Belobog w/ Restricted Access +1• TOTAL RECOVERY. Able to recover from any physical harm with enough time.
• FAST RECOVERY. Recover from physical consequences as if they were one level lower. Below mild are removed.
• VIGOROUS. Endurance never restricts skills due to lack of rest.
• SHRUG IT OFF. Once per scene clear a Mild Consequence as supplemental action.
SUPERHUMAN TOUGHNESS -4
• CATCH As Above.
• HARD TO HURT.
You naturally have Armor:2 against all physical stress.
• HARD TO KILL.
You have four additional boxes of physical stress.
INCITE EMOTION (FEAR) -1 (page 172)
MAGIC EATER (-1)
You can (and with Feeding Dependency, must) “eat” magic. Feeding on magic sustains you more fully than any other food might.
Skills Affected: Discipline, Conviction
• Taste for Magic – You draw in ambient magical energy, serving a bit as a magical sponge. When a magically active being is close to you, you may draw on some of his talent and life force to sustain you. This is done as magical attack using your Conviction against their Discipline. If you have the Drain Magic ability, draining magic and feeding on it may be done as a single action, based on a single roll. On subsequent exchanges, if the magic user is still able to cast you may continue to feed, gaining a +1 on the roll.
• The Taste of Death – Once per scene, if you inflict enough stress and consequences to kill a victim from feeding, you may take an immediate “free” recovery period equal to an extra scene. This will clear your stress track and mild physical consequences, and possibly larger consequences if you have any ability that lets you heal quickly.
• Feeding Frenzy – When in the presence of magic, you feel a nearly uncontrollable urge to attack. The GM is within his rights to call for Discipline rolls to resist the urge. In some cases, the urge may take the form of a compel against your high concept.
• Drain Magic (-1) – You are able to drain magical effects, either attacking a mortal caster’s abilities or directly attacking supernatural beings of the NeverNever.
Skills Affected: Discipline, Conviction
- If you can touch someone with magical powers, you can drain their ability to access these powers. You’re able to do maneuvers at +2 to your roll (using Conviction) that forces a magic drain on a target (as a temporary aspect), so long as you’re in the same zone as he is and you can physically touch him. The victim defends with his Discipline. You may be able to prevent the victim from taking other actions as well if you do this as a block (page 210) instead of as a maneuver.
Lasting Drain (-1)
- If you increase the refresh cost of this ability by 1, you gain the ability to do a Mana Drain as a mental attack instead of a maneuver. If such an attack hits, you gain a +2 stress bonus on a successful hit (as though it were a Weapon:2), increasing the chances of inflicting a mental consequence (and thus a more lasting mental state). The victim defends with his Discipline
Potent Drain (-1)
- The Lasting Drain upgrade is a prerequisite to this one. you get another +2 stress bonus on successful attacks as per Lasting Drain, as though you had Weapon:4.
Feeding Shield (-2)
- This ability functions as a focused form of Evocation, giving access to an automatic rote block that works at the Jade Court Vampire’s conviction. Any portion of a magical attack that is swallowed by this block is considered eaten and used to satisfy the Feeding Dependency catch
Ravenous Shield (-1)
- A refinement of the Feeding Shield, for an additional 1 refresh, the rote block can be upgraded to block one additional power shift. Once the Feeding Shield has consumed a total of 8 refresh, swap it for Physical Immunity (Magic).
Troy Wilkerson did the Ceremony of Innocence hoping to gain power as Chernobog’s disciple. However, the Key was created with the hand of Maxine Gordon who didn’t meet the requirements of the ceremony and Troy had no power to control the summoned spirit. The Spirit hollowed out Wilkerson’s soul and possessed him, creating a composite being whose name is roughly translated as “Un-Man.”
The “Un-man” attempted to gather power by attacking mystical beings and absorbing their power becoming stronger and stronger with each bit of Mana that it absorbed. Its ultimate goal was to gather enough power to open a passage to the Beyond and release its dark masters. Its first victim was Ryan Delmont whom it sucked dry leaving a withered husk of a man behind. Jack Youngblood confronted the Un-man without understanding what he was facing and was nearly destroyed by it. Only the efforts of DETECTIVE SAM VOLKOV and DETECTIVE SAMANTHA VASQUEZ prevented him from being devoured and the Outsiders from being released on this plane. With the Un-man defeated Troy Wilkerson has been left in a comatose state. It is unknown if he will ever recover. It is probably best he never does since he has been tainted by the touch of Outsiders.