Campaign of the Month: November 2012
THE EMERALD CITY
TOTEMIC WARRIOR OF YUQUOT
TEMPLATE: SPIRIT WARRIOR
HIGH CONCEPT: TOTEMIC WARRIOR OF YUQUOT
TROUBLE: THE BEAST WITHIN
CRAIG BIG EAGLE’S PROTEGE
BIG, BAD, AND BRUNO
WORKING CLASS HERO
LIVING ON BORROWED TIME
SUPERB +5: Might
GREAT +4: Fists, Intimidation
GOOD +3: Craftsmanship, Discipline, Endurance
FAIR +2: Athletics, Empathy, Lore, Rapport
AVERAGE +1: Alertness, Conviction, Investigation, Presence, Survival
- Hand-to-hand combat maneuvers to switch from Fists to Might are made at +2.
NO PAIN, NO GAIN
- You can take a bunch of punishment before it starts to add up. You may take one additional mild physical consequence.
ECHOES OF THE BEAST -1
- BEAST SENSES: Acute sense of smell, acute hearing underwater
- BEAST TRAPPINGS: Can hold breath for 20 minutes and is almost immune to underwater hazards (cold, pressure)
- BEAST FRIEND: Aquatic mammals.
HUMAN GUISE –0
- NORMAL APPEARANCE
INHUMAN STRENGTH -2
- IMPROVED LIFTING. Whenever lifting or breaking inanimate things, you gain a +3 to your Might score.
- BRUISING STRENGTH. Roll Might at +1 whenever grappling. This also allows a 2-stress hit on an opponent as a supplemental action during a grapple.
- SUPERIOR STRENGTH. Whenever using Might to modify (page 214) another skill, it always provides a +1 regardless of the comparison of your Might score to the skill.
- HAMMER BLOWS. With attacks that depend on muscular force increase the stress dealt by two on a successful hit.
INHUMAN RECOVERY -2
- CATCH: Obsidian/Spirit Tribe +2
- TOTAL RECOVERY. Able to recover from any physical harm with enough time.
- FAST RECOVERY. Recover from physical consequences as if they were one level lower. Below mild are removed.
- VIGOROUS. Endurance never restricts skills due to lack of rest.
- SHRUG IT OFF. Once per scene clear a Mild Consequence as supplemental action.
INHUMAN TOUGHNESS -2
CATCH As Above.
- HARD TO HURT. You naturally have Armor:1 against all physical stress.
- HARD TO KILL. You have two additional boxes of physical stress.
You are able to use Thaumaturgy, but your use is restricted to one particular application or thematic subject matter. You must define this limit when you take the ability.
- ITEM SLOTS – You can design the items that fit into these slots now, or later on during play. A single Focus Item Slot may be traded in for two Enchanted Item Slots. You may gain more Item Slots as one of the options on the Refinement ability.
TOTAL REFRESH COST: 9
CURRENT REFRESH: 1
PHYSICAL: OOOO (OO) Armor:1
Bruno Walsh was born to Edward and Rebecca Walsh, two prominent Bremerton nautical engineers. While his family was fairly well off, his youth was spent at constant practices and never-ending drills. Edward was an overachiever and he wanted nothing but the best for his son. Unfortunately, he didn’t realize that Bruno was competitive enough already, and sometimes needed time off from the constant drilling. No matter how good he was on the rugby pitch, no matter how many pins he scored in wrestling – it just wasn’t enough for them. Eventually he grew to resent his parents over not allowing him a childhood.
When Bruno reached junior high, his grades started to slip. He started hanging out with the local punks and he was frequently in trouble; be it skipping class or practices, shoplifting at the local five and dime, getting into fights, or experimenting with drugs. Each time he got into trouble, his parents simply tried to tighten the screws down even further. Tension was the norm at the Walsh household. Eventually an environmental organization found Bruno and recruited him as an activist. It started out simple enough – a protest here and there, distributing pamphlets, and (Bruno’s favorite) minor vandalism. Eventually the Brotherhood of the Oceans (BOTO) graduated Bruno to more criminal activities. Nothing dangerous to civilians, but the minor vandalism escalated into actual sabotage.
Bruno eventually figured out that BOTO’s primary interest in him was his inside knowledge of his parent’s activities – but this didn’t bother Bruno. Any chance to strike back at his parents wasn’t something he could pass up. One night BOTO got information from Bruno regarding a new engine prototype they were working on for the Navy. Bruno was sent on a mission to sabotage the machinist shop along with the prototype engine. He successfully broke into the off-base shop and set it on fire. Unfortunately, he was also caught in the act. His court case was a national sensation – the boy who struck a blow against the Navy. Since it was off-base and he was underage, he was sentenced to juvenile detention until he was 18, at which point he would be on probation for two years.
His name was also placed on every Homeland Security and terrorist watch list.
STORY TITLE: INVASIVE SPECIES
Craig BigEagle gets word from the community that people are going missing from the homeless camp under I5. Craig sends Bruno in to investigate and stop anything unnatural from happening. Can Bruno maintain control over Yuquot long enough to overcome a strange bramble spirit intent on causing harm?
STORY TITLE: WHITE OUT
STARRING: JASON DURANT
Bruno’s Tribe Sister Topaz asks him to help out Jason Durant discover who is behind the disappearance of a close friend. Will Bruno’s shady background finally be put to good use?
GUEST STAR REDUX
STORY TITLE: BLOWOUT
STARRING: JACK YOUNGBLOOD
One night after a particularly long day dealing with the frustrations of his job, Bruno loses it in a bar brawl and Yuquot goes wild, tearing up the place. As ‘luck’ would have it, Bruno’s old friend Jack Youngblood was passing by on his Harley when one of the bar patrons went flying out the front window. Jack dropped in to check out what was going on, only to be faced with a 6’7” rampaging Bruno. Can his knowledge of the spirit world be enough to calm his friend down?
UPDATE: THE CAULDRON OF MURDER
Bruno was nearly killed when the Venatori under the influence of JJ MERCER attacked JACK YOUNGBLOOD’S home. He was shot in the head and dumped into Puget Sound but an orca chewed through his bonds and pushed him to shore where he was found on the docks. LEIF WOTENSEN was the doctor that treated Bruno and despite how tough the he was he had been pushed over his limits. Bruno would have died and his spirit would have moved on to the afterlife except for the intervention of Lief who fought against Bruno’s Fate winning his life in the process. But sadly Fate is a fickle thing and balance must be maintained. Bruno’s life was bought with the death of a young baby girl and that Haunts the big man. He has had several dreams of the girl and the life that she would have had and realizes that he has to make her sacrifice mean something.