Campaign of the Month: November 2012
THE EMERALD CITY
PRIDE OF THE WORKING CLASS
- BORN AND RAISED COMMUNIST
- MINIMUM WAGE CONTRACTOR
- FOR THE GOOD OF THE PEOPLE
- FIVE YEAR PLAN
- FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE
SUPERB +5: Endurance, Presence
GREAT +4: Contacts, Might
GOOD +3: Conviction, Discipline
FAIR +2: Athletics, Craftsmanship, Rapport
AVERAGE +1: Alertness, Driving, Empathy, Fists, Lore, Weapons
A TOAST TO THE MOTHERLAND
- Gain +1 Conviction and +1 Endurance while under the influence of alcohol.
- Use Endurance to resist the effects of magic
BUILDING A SOVIET ECONOMY
- Gain +2 on Craftsmanship for simple constructions, such as furnishings and home
FISTS OF STEEL
- Add 3 damage to a successful Fists attack, once per scene, at the cost of a fate
FRIENDS IN LOW PLACES
- Gather Information at +1 and the difficulty of Getting the Tip-Off is reduced by
HAMMER OF INDUSTRY
- Use Might instead of Weapons when making attacks with heavy blunt instruments.
- Gain Natural Armor 1 against blunt trauma.
RAISED IN RUSSIA
- Gain +2 Endurance when resisting the effects of cold temperatures.
- You may take two mild physical consequences.
NOTES: Attack +4 W3 with hammer Defense +2
Ivan’s a simple man. Enjoys a good drink, a good meal, a night out with some friends. What he doesn’t enjoy is a secret society of man-eating monsters, and he’s a little unhappy with them after his cousin is killed. Sure, they’re strong and tough. So is he. And he’s got the help of some friends.
Ivan spent his youth in Soviet Russia during the height of its power, and strongly agrees with the Marxist philosophy. While the Soviet Union has collapsed and Keynesian economics dominates the world, Ivan still continues to believe in the inherent power of the proletariat.
Ivan’s engagements with the ghouls of the Kulikova clan have led him to Seattle, the headquarters of Kulikova himself. Lacking in funds and unable to get his visitor’s visa extended, Ivan is now an illegal immigrant in the United States.
As a factory worker in Russia, Ivan lived a relatively quiet, if not altogether peaceful, life. When his cousin Roman is found brutally murdered and partially eaten, Ivan begins to track the culprits – leading him straight into ghouls and the world of magic. Ivan takes it upon himself to fight for the common man, because it is obvious that they cannot fight for themselves in this battle.
Busy at work renovating an older home, Ivan’s attention is caught by unusual movement, which he quickly realizes to be ghouls who were apparently attempting to break into neighboring house. Grabbing his sledgehammer and charging into the fray, the occupant of the house turns out to be none other than Zeb, formerly Warden of the Northwest. After dispatching the ghouls, Ivan has met his first contact with the magical world in Seattle.