Campaign of the Month: November 2012
THE EMERALD CITY
High Concept: CURSED IMMORTAL BOUNTYHUNTER
Invoke: For his toughness and his ability to track and capture a bounty.
Compel: He is cursed and many good spirits people will instinctively shun him.
Trouble: DRINKING TO FORGET SEVERAL LIFETIMES OF REGRET
Invoke: He has lived a very long life with a lot of experiences. That can be valuable.
Compel: He is also a total alcoholic and drinks constantly. He is either hung over or drunk. There is no in between. Cole also has drunk and gambled his way through life and has several lifetimes of regrets. He has several alimony payments and a slew of ex-girlfriends.
ORNERY AS A POLECAT
Invoke: When anger or sheer stubbornness could lend him strength to carry on or overcome the odds.
Compel: To make him lose his temper or act in a contrary or uncouth manner.
Invoke: Knowing that he must atone can sometimes give him the strength to overcome certain situations.
Compel: Cole has many enemies both magical and mundane. It almost seems as if a Greater Power sends trouble his way.
DEFENDS THE LAND WITH A BIG DAMN GUN
Invoke: When defending the land and the people or using the Gun.
Compel: Cole is often called upon by the Great Spirit or his allies to atone for his sin.
THE QUICK AND THE DEAD
Invoke: For Intimidation or in a gunfight.
Compel: Won’t back down from a fight and sometimes jumps the gun.
ALWAYS GETS HIS MAN
Invoke: To track a target and to capture or kill them. No matter what gets in his way.
Compel: Will obsessively pursue a target to the detriment of all else.
(5) Superb: Alertness
(3) Good: Contacts, Conviction, Endurance, Intimidation
(1) Average: Burglary, Driving, Empathy, Might, Presence, Rapport
Languages Spoken: English
- Gain a +2 to attacks with Guns when using the Revolvers of the Old West.
QUICK ON THE DRAW.
- Gain +2 to Alertness when using it to determine initiative.
- Use Alertness in place of Lore when picking up on the Supernatural.
-You’re able to survive nearly indefinitely outdoors, living off the land. Scavenging rolls are made at +1, and the time between multiple rolls for a prolonged stay is increased by one increment.
-Use Fists when wielding swords and knives.
PIN THE TAIL.
- Gain +2 to your Investigation rolls when trying to keep track of a target during Surveillance. When Shadowing someone using Stealth, you may use Investigation to complement your Stealth skill.
-+2 to driving when riding a motorcycle.
ITEM OF POWER: COLT .45 PEACEMAKER –2
- ONE-TIME DISCOUNT [+1]
- IT IS WHAT IT IS.It is a rather plain looking Colt Peacemaker. It does +2 damage. UNBREAKABLE. – As an Item of Power, it cannot be broken, save through dedicated magical ritual predicated upon perverting its purpose.
- ALL CREATURES ARE EQUAL BEFORE THE GREAT SPIRIT [-3].When facing an opponent spend a fate point to ignore that opponent’s defensive abilities (Toughness based ones, primarily), as well as any mundane armor the foe has, for the duration of the scene.
SUPERNATURAL SENSE: HUNTER [-1].
- DESCRIPTION: When you choose to hunt someone, you find them.
- MUSTS: This target is usually used by wildfae hunters, but others may take it.
- SKILLS AFFECTED: Lore, athletics, weapons, guns, fists, might, survival, and anything else used to hunt.
- THE GAME IS AFOOT
You may spend a fate point to declare a particular individual or creature your quarry. This has similar effects to righteousness, giving you a +1 to all rolls to hunt the individual, but the effect is immediately ended if you take any compels to sidetrack you, refuse any compels to keep you on the hunt, kill or capture your quarry, or spend a fate point to choose a new quarry. With GM approval, the hunt may be for something more ethereal. Things like “I will win her heart” or “I will find my lost sword” might be acceptable, so long as the quest has themes of pursuing, finding, and conquering.
THE CATCH IS MYSTIC FIRE
Unless utterly destroyed or killed by Magical Fire or through a Necromantic Ritual, Cole will eventually recover from any fatal wound. No “death” result is ever permanent unless special means are used.
MARKED BY THE GREAT SPIRIT –1
- AEGIS OF RESPECT.Whenever dealing with someone in the magical community, all social skill rolls operate at a +1 bonus. To conceal this mark, use any appropriate skill (Stealth or Deceit, usually) restricted by Discipline to do so, but can’t do anything stressful (like combat) without dropping the concealment.
SUPERNATURAL RECOVERY -4
- TOTAL RECOVERY. You can recover totally from any consequence (excluding extreme ones) with no other excuse besides time; simply waiting long enough will eventually heal you completely.
- FASTER RECOVERY. Out of combat, you may recover from physical consequences as if they were two levels lower in severity.
- UNFALTERING. Endurance never restricts (page 214) other skills due to a lack of rest. You may skip a week of sleep with no ill effects. – IT’S NOTHING. Twice per scene, you may clear away a mild physical consequence (page 203) as a supplemental action (page 213).
THE CATCH IS NATIVE AMERICAN SPIRIT RITUAL OR MYSTICAL FIRE. +2
(2) Minor Any
(4) Moderate Any
(6) Severe Any
(8) Extreme Any
- COLT .45 PEACEMAKER Weapon 2
- WINCHESTER RIFLE Weapon 3
- CALVARY SABRE Weapon 2 Melee
- BOWIE KNIFE Weapon 1 Melee
REFRESH SPENT -13
TOTAL REFRESH 1
The Civil War ripped Missouri society apart and shaped the life of Virgil Cole. After a series of campaigns and battles between conventional armies in 1861, guerrilla warfare gripped the state, waged between secessionist “bushwhackers” and the Union. A bitter conflict ensued, bringing an escalating cycle of atrocities by both sides. At the age of 16 Cole fought long and hard against the Union after soldiers destroyed his family’s farm killing his mother and youngest brother in the process. His rage at the deaths of his family boiled beneath the surface making him capable of violence with very little provocation. After the war the price on his head forced Cole to flee to the Frontier. He wandered the West for years working as a cowboy as well as a Deputy Sheriff in a couple of towns. His difficult personality got him in quite a lot of trouble and many fights so he rarely kept his badge long. He welcomed the violence.
After being driven out of Deadwood Cole got work as a scout for the US Army. He helped track down Indians and was involved in a variety of atrocities against the Sioux. In the winter of 1876 after the Battle of Little Bighorn Cole led a platoon of soldiers against a Lakota village. The soldiers descended on the village and began their grim work with delight. It was only after most of the village was destroyed that the Skinchanger attacked. Despite all of his ability and the best weapons the US Army could provide Cole’s men were slaughtered in a cat and mouse campaign that lasted for several days. He was finally forced to retreat to a cave in the hills after watching the last of his men dragged off to be attended to by the Naagloshii’s terrible hunger. The Shaman in the cave was ancient and, after a Soul Gaze that shook him to his core, explained to Cole that they had to work together to survive against the Evil that had been awakened by miners of the Black Hills. They fought side by side and between the two of them they managed to drive off the Skinchanger at the cost of the Shaman’s life. Before he died he placed his Death Curse on Cole. He was to walk the Land and protect it until he atoned for his crimes against the People. The Soul Gaze had a profound effect on Cole as he realized that the Sioux had suffered the same as his own family. With that in mind he embraced his new role and began hunting monsters both Human and Supernatural.
STORY TITLE: DEATH CURSED
Cursed by a Shaman to wander the land until he atones for his sins, Virgil Cole, Bounty Hunter, Gunslinger and Indian Scout, has hunted monsters across the American West for over 130 years. After being connected to a series of grisly murders in Seattle he suddenly finds himself hunted instead of hunter. He must clear his name and track down his most bitter enemy: the Immortal Skinchanger who has plagued his nightmares for the last century.
STARRING: RYAN DELMONT
The Russian Mafia has a long memory and a longer reach. And they now know their ex-assassin is gunning for them. In order to wade through a maze of falsehood and a small army of armed thugs, Ryan will need the aid of a wizard and an immortal bounty hunter. Will even an attack from three separate angles be enough to track down and eliminate an elusive vory of the Russian Mafia, whose rise to power was bankrolled by powers with dark designs on humanity’s future? And will any of them survive the aftermath?
GUEST STAR REDUX